Skinpen Treatment Guidelines
- Avoid sun exposure/burns 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Discontinue the use of retinoids 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Avoid treatment with active breakouts or open lesions.
- Wait six months following isotretinoin use. (Accutane)
- Fitzpatrick IV-VI, pigment may darken prior to lightning.
- The skin may feel tight and sensitive post-treatment, similar to a mild sunburn.
- Same Day apply Only the HGLift.
- Next Day apply Rescue or Sheald and All-Physical SPF (Tizo) to help soothe, hydrate and protect the skin.
- Use Only approved products recommended by your skin care expert to promote the best results and avoid irritation. Product absorption increases from 7% pre-treatment to 80% post-treatment. Clients must be very cautious about what is applied as the skin can react to ingredients in outside skincare products that can lead to irritation, granulomas, and infection.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat. Skin is now freshly resurfaced and prone to sun damage.
- Avoid Ibuprofen for the next 24 hours.
- Wear at least an SPF 30+ daily starting the following day. Must use all Physical SPF to ensure no adverse reaction.
- Sleep on a clean pillowcase – acne patients skip putting fabric softener in the dryer as it leaves a waxy residue on fabric.
- Don’t participate in aerobic exercise for 24-48 hours.
- Avoid makeup for 24 hours. If you must use makeup within the first 24 hours, please only use a 100% pure mineral powder makeup.
- Don’t use a hot tub, steam room, sauna, or excessively hot showers for 2 days.
- Don’t go swimming for 2 days.
- Don’t use AHA’s or BHA’s until 72 hours post-treatment.
- Don’t use retinoic acid for 5 days.
- Don’t have electrolysis, waxing, sugaring, threading, or any other form of hair removal for 7 days.
- Don’t tan or use a tanning booth for at least 14 days.
- Don’t use a facial scrub or mechanical forms of exfoliation for 14 days.
- Don’t have a chemical peel, microdermabrasion or dermaplaning for at least 14 days.
- Avoid direct prolonged sun exposure for at least 10 days.
- Avoid touching your treated skin unnecessarily. If you must touch your skin, make sure your hands are clean. Use prescribed home care products consistently and as directed to achieve optimal results.